The Rory Yates series by James Patterson focuses on Rory Yates, a Texas Ranger, as he faces various challenges in his career and personal life.
In “Texas Ranger,” Yates returns home after a distressing call from his ex-wife, Anne, only to find himself accused of her murder. Determined to clear his name, Yates embarks on a journey to find the real killer, risking his career and reputation in the process.
“Texas Outlaw” sees Yates celebrated as a hero after his girlfriend writes a song about him. To avoid the attention, he’s sent to Rio Lobo in West Texas to investigate a councilwoman’s suspicious death. Working with Detective Ariana Delgado, he discovers a series of lies and secrets and must decide how far he’s willing to go to uncover the truth, all while being pursued by his organization.
See also: Travis McKinley Series in Order
James Patterson Rory Yates Series In Order
- “The Poet” by Michael Connelly – This novel features Jack McEvoy, a crime reporter investigating his brother’s death and uncovering a serial killer targeting police officers. See also: Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch Books in Order
- “Open Season” by C.J. Box – This is the first book in the Joe Pickett series, featuring a Wyoming game warden drawn into a deadly game of cat and mouse as he stands up for justice against all odds, much like Rory Yates.
- “The Neon Rain” by James Lee Burke introduces Dave Robicheaux, a New Orleans detective investigating a prostitute’s death, exploring themes of corruption and redemption similar to Rory Yates’ pursuit of justice.
See also: Paul Doiron Books in Order
Most Recommended Books
- Texas Ranger (3.95 Goodreads Score)
- Texas Outlaw (4.34 Goodreads Score)
James Patterson has received multiple awards throughout his career. He was awarded the Literarian Award from the National Book Foundation in both 2015 and 2022. In 2019, he received the National Humanities Medal. His other awards include the Edgar Award, Thriller of the Year, and the Children’s Choice Book Award for Author of the Year.
Upcoming releases from James Patterson include “Cross Out” on November 20, 2023, and “What Really Happens in Vegas” on December 4, 2023. In 2024, two books, “Holmes, Miss Marple, and Poe Investigations” and “Middle School: Million Dollar Mess,” will be released on January 8, followed by “Tiger, Tiger” on February 12. These new books are expected to be engaging additions to Patterson’s body of work.
Officer Rory Yates, a Texas Ranger, is called back home after receiving a distressing call from his ex-wife, Anne. When he arrives at their former home, he is confronted with a gruesome crime scene and is accused of Anne's murder. Determined to clear his name, Rory embarks on a dangerous journey to find the real killer, putting his career and reputation on the line. With the Ranger creed as his guide, Rory refuses to give up, even if it means risking everything.
Rory Yates, a Texas Ranger, becomes an unexpected hero after his girlfriend writes a song about his bravery. To escape the spotlight, Rory is sent to Rio Lobo, a remote town in West Texas, to investigate the suspicious death of a councilwoman. Local detective Ariana Delgado believes it was murder, and as Rory digs deeper, he uncovers a web of secrets and lies. In order to uncover the truth, Rory must break the law he has sworn to uphold. Meanwhile, the Texas Rangers are hot on his trail as he tracks down the real killer.